- 33 (Registered)
JUNIOR MUSIC COURSE (JMC)
- Entry Level: Age 4-5
- Course length: Two (2) years
- Class schedule: One 45-minute class per week
- Parent participation: Yes
- Student Age: Children must have reached their 4th birthday by September 15 for Fall semester classes and by February 15th for a Spring semester start. This requirement helps ensure that children are enrolled in a course for which they are developmentally ready.
- Activities: Solfege singing, keyboard repertoire, keyboard games, music appreciation, keyboard harmony, ear-training, ensemble.
- Full of energy, chatty and inquisitive. These are words associated with four-year-olds. At this age, they absorb things like a sponge and imitate everything they see and hear. Children at this age show a remarkable development in their sense of hearing, which is why it’s the best time to cultivate the basic ability to enjoy music. A Strong Foundation As a student in the Yamaha Junior Course, your child will be in the foundation course of the entire Yamaha Music Education System. A Unique Curriculum
Your child will learn the 3 basic elements of music: rhythm, melody, and harmony, through hearing, singing, and playing. Our exclusive curriculum includes these subjects: Solfege Singing: Lyric Singing,Music Appreciation. Keyboard Games: Repertoire, Notation. Ensemble: Rhythm Step, Harmony Training.